Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rub-a-dub-dub, no guns in the tub

However, I finally got around to some serious cleaning.

...or perform surgery with all that junk
I'm a huge fan of the Sentry Solutions Armorer's Kit which you can see scattered all over back there.  A little goes a long way with their stuff and the smoothness of the moving parts is noticeable after application.  I've been using it on my little P3AT for some time now and have not had any issues at all since I have.  I love that the lubricant is dry and the grease is extremely high temp.  I will say that the AR was embarrassingly filthy since I've been shooting Wolf through it.  It's sparkly now, though.  I was only able to do 5 guns with the time I had.  I still need to clean the Mosin.  I wonder if my Bore Snake will be long enough.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. At the sporting goods store I was still looking for the Hoppes Car Air Freshner. .

    Thanks for the tip on the kit. I'll check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Brigid. I'm usually banned to the garage for my cleaning. I do like the Hoppe's. I won this kit in a drawing from Carteach and I would consider it more of a finishing/lube kit. Hoppe's still does the lion's share of the cleaning, then I use this in lieu of where I would use a lot of oil. There is the cloth for wiping down parts, a dry lube in alcohol for rails and such, some high temp grease in the plunger and some powder for smoothing out triggers. I've been using the powder on all of my handguns and it really seems to make a difference (but you want to work it in, then tap it out so it doesn't turn your trigger finger black as it falls through). I still do use some light oil in places. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. let me be the first to say... THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

    ReplyDelete