Sunday, March 18, 2012

Range Day

It's been a while.  I thought maybe it was time to get some time behind a few guns.  I loaded up, well, probably what would be a frightening amount of hardware to some people and picked up my brother and headed to the range.  I wanted to put some rounds through a few to test them out and do some drills as well.

Bad Dog
Most of my work was drawing and firing multiple shots, sometimes on multiple targets.  I took out my dad's mostly un-fired full size Para Ordinance 1911 and it did ok.  It needs some more rounds put through it.  For the price he paid, it's a steal.  I put a bunch more rounds through my Kel Tec P3AT and that went without a hitch.  I'm pretty happy with that one since it got back from the factory.  My brother learned a few things as well and then he played on the AR-15 a lot.

Hmmmmm
Lesson learned from that target, don't shy away too much.  On that one I drew and fired a Glock 23 (.40 S&W) and engaged the target on either side with one round.  The top rounds were the first attempt.  I felt that was a little on the outside edge of a solid hit.  The bottom two was the second attempt.  Now, this is by no means a scenario I would think would be smart or viable in real life.  However, it sure does help to narrow focus on a smaller target and give you a "no hit" zone.

Then my brother started playing with the AR

Ka-POW
And, well....

45er's Hostage Rescue and Ear Piercing Salon
Oops.  Yeah, he nicked an ear, but I guess I wouldn't be concerned about putting a band-aid on my ear-lobe if the bad guy was taken out.

Caution
In my defense in the next picture, I was engaging four targets and moving.


And nothing is fun like ringing steel.

I gotta have more cowbell!

Aftermath.  Sad and empty.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. TJ, you would be absolutely correct.

      Delete
  2. My turn next Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're ever in Texas, we have to do this together.

      Delete
  3. 45er buddy - everrrrrrybody needs more cowbell!!! good job, buddy!
    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, kymber. I was sure hoping someone would get that.

      Delete