Friday, July 8, 2011

Perspective with a side of humility

Sometimes, we lose sight of the most important things in life.  You know, the big things like spending time with family, keeping up with friends, really interacting with our loved ones.  I have made a concerted effort to spend as much time as possible with my kids.  This is the time you cannot get back.  I will not be someone that wakes up one day regretting that he missed spending time with his kids and now they are teenagers or adults with their own families.  Then along comes a story like this.  Perspective can really slap you in the face sometimes.  I’m not saying you shouldn’t have passion about other things.  I certainly do.  It’s just that some things are so much more important in life.  This sweet little girl is the purest example of why you should cherish what you have.  She is a gift for however long she is in the lives of her loved ones, and I wish them the very best.  Go spend time with your kids.  They are only little for a short while.

1 comment: