Saturday, February 18, 2012

North Coast Brewing: Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout


This was a fantastic stout.  North Coast Brewing (California) does some really good stuff and this one was incredibly good.  The aroma is caramel and the pour is very dark and opaque.

Terrible picture, I know

The head is not too thick and is light brown.  The flavor is caramel with a touch of coffee and a little bitter.  It's not too strong and goes well with food.  Wow, is it good.  I got this one in a 4 pack of singles (12 oz bottles).  At 9% ABV, I do recommend eating a little something with it.  0.o

If you are a stout drinker this is a good, smooth one for you.  If not, this is a very nice one to start. :)

4 comments:

  1. There's not a store with any great selectino of bears nearby. There's one not far from Tam's, in the city, we hit every month or two. I will look for this one.

    And for what it's worth, dinner is roast chicken with homemade sweet potato fries with dipping sauce made out of mayo, thai chili sauce and lime zest. I have have to play "bachelor cooking" for the weekend but it doesn't mean I have to eat a "lean cuisine".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigid, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Sounds fantastic. I'm just going with a good old Sirloin. :) For what it's worth I believe Southern Tier distributes up there and their Creme Brulee Stout is to die for.

      Delete
  2. Looks good. I bet it would go real good with a nice pot roast, with carrots, potato's, and such. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll bet it would. This would go well with most things. I had a black lager today that was local and was great as well.

      Delete