Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mass shootings at Starbucks across the country

Yeah, I didn't see that either.  I Googled "Starbucks shooting on Valentine's Day" and do you know what I saw? 
A whole lot of nothing.  Crickets.
There were probably more firearms carried into Starbucks yesterday on a single day than there have been in a long time, if ever.  I'm drawing that conclusion from seeing how many people not only said they were going to legally carry but wrote posts and took pictures afterwards.  Huh, imagine that.  We were right again.  No blood in the streets.  The fearmongers were wrong.  Being right on this topic is getting boring.
Also, just an aside; what has happened to journalism?  I thought a journalist was supposed to obtain views from both sides of a position.  I saw a lot of news stories with quotes from only one side which couldn't even get a viable Facebook following for their little event.  I'd be embarrassed if I was a journalist.

8 comments:

  1. Simply amazing isn't it. When the concealed carry law was passed here in Florida the other side said there would be blood in the streets...crime in fact went down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same in Texas. It was going to be "Shootouts in the streets". But crime dropped.

      Delete
    2. Honestly, I don't even think they are surprised when it goes that way. I think they know it's all rhetoric meant to scare the uninformed majority.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, it is. Maybe the bloggers need a media arm to blast press releases. We can snap together 20,000 Facebook followers in days but no one in the press seems to notice.

      Delete
    2. There's a big factor: Bloomberg News

      Heard that name before? yeah that's the big key.

      Doesn't matter if we get 20,000 or 2,000,000, but if we got ONE facebook friend, being Rupert Murdoch, as well as a big fat PAC check, then maybe we'd get the same attention.

      Of course we get no attention, but we're winning the war. They get LOTS of attention and press, but accomplish nothing.

      I wouldn't switch sides for anything.

      Delete
    3. No WAY would I want to be on the other side. i'd rather have results than just talk. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it, too. Mmmmm, cake.

      Delete
  3. Maybe just a little and ONLY because I'm surprised it is the LA times, but that is only the second one I've seen in a mainstream article out of dozens.

    ReplyDelete