Monday, October 17, 2011

Ammo Change

This is a short one.  I was really happy with the Hornady Critical Defense in the .380 pocket rocket, but I thought I would try something different.  Just to, you know, try something different.  Well, I was very impressed with the Speer Gold Dot that I got my hands on.  It fed wonderfully and the damage it did to the jugs made me very happy.  I wouldn't be concerned at all carrying this stuff for defense.  I quickly changed out the mags and filled them up with this stuff. 

With .223 for comparison


Overall, I'd say I would be happy with either.   I'm very happy with the development of modern ammunition and bullet technology allowing us to carry even more concealable firearms.  Go Team!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Good expansion and it looks like good weight retention! I like Speer Gold Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something I didn't really talk much about, but you're right. One round was captured in a second jug of water (the one with the leaves that didn't curl all the way back). The second penetrated two gallons and my brother actually found it in the dirt berm. I didn't even try to look (experience with disappointment) but he found it right off. Neither had any obvious degradation or missing parts. If I reloaded, I would weigh before and after, but I don't so I'll just have to go with eyeballing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it's worth guy's i've found (not a scientist and i don't have a lab lol) that the speer lawman tmj's in the same weight as my carry gold dot's seem to shoot and feel the same as the gold dots - might be worth considering for practice - tested it (unscientifically lol) out to 100 yards with 44 mag and 50 yards with both 45acp and 40 s&w.

    just my 2 cents 8D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete