Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Concealed handgun owner stops robbery - great video

This is pretty incredible.  I heard about this from my dad a little bit ago and just had to post on it.  I know I haven't been around a while and I'll post on that a little later, but I just had to share.  This is great evidence of someone that has done some training.  I like the stance and the shooting on the move.  He's obviously careful of the bystanders and his field of fire.  He did advance toward the perps, which is kind of a no no, but I'd say it helped to clear his field of fire more and they were moving away, so he did a great job.  This is a perfect example of why to carry.  Who knows what direction this robbery would have taken in there with all of those people.

4 comments:

  1. Agree 100% this is what a DGU should look like. Old guy waited till the man in the white shirt was clear. Picked up his targets cleared what was behind them and fired. Stopped firing when crazy lady got in front of his targets and resumed tracking. That guy deserves a medal and there is even a few fund-raisers to get him a better carry piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're on the money, mmasse. I wasn't aware of the fund raisers for him. That's a good deal, although it seemed to work ok for him. Maybe he'll get a nice little Kahr.

      Delete
    2. That Guy, my first guess at the video was Taurus. I did some looking around and that appears to be the case from some reports. A Taurus TCP in .380 ACP.

      Delete