Thursday, July 11, 2013

The USPS parking lot and your CHL

There has been much discussion regarding the legality of driving or parking in the post office parking lit while in possession of your legal firearm.  Most believed it was not enforceable but didn't want to be the first test case taken to court (and I totally understand this).

Now, a federal judge has ruled that USPS' broad interpretation violates the 2nd Amendment.  This is really good news.  No more gray area of legaluty just to mail a letter.

http://us.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=26048&external=2228578.proteus.fma

10 comments:

  1. that is great news. Now to get rid of the prohibition against carrying in the building !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Bob. That would make me very happy.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, NFO, I didn't even know this one was on the radar.

      Delete
  3. Never knew it was an issue, I have always carried in the post office and don't plan to stop either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In our community we have a general store which is rented to the USPO. People come in and out with concealed weapons all the time, and there are rifles in gunracks in locked trucks in the parking lot. I was aware of this law, and when I get the mail I bring one of my adult kids who holds my weapon while I get my mail. Thanks for letting us know of the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The update is appreciated. There are a lot of misconceptions out there, regarding such places, banks, churches. Not all states allow it, but more than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog,I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in
    traffic density,which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    អនឡាញ Blackjack​

    ReplyDelete